At Dossett Dental, our team will make sure dental emergencies in Frisco go more smoothly than you might expect. With our extended hours, including Saturdays, one of our dentists can usually see you on the same day. They will:
- Repair damaged teeth with restorative treatments like fillings, dental crowns, and root canals
- Treat you with courtesy and compassion to help put you at ease
- Use advanced technology like digital X-rays to quickly assess your condition and determine the best solution to your problem
- Numb your mouth with local anesthesia and offer you the option of receiving one of our three levels of dental sedation
If you need to see us in a hurry, call us ASAP at 214-740-6082. We’ll offer you a same-day appointment if possible.
Resolve Your Emergency & Preserve Your Oral Health With Restorative Dentistry
Restorative dental care is often the best way to resolve many kinds of emergencies, from toothaches to broken teeth. We’ll likely recommend one of these treatments:
- Dental Fillings – Our dentists can fix many cavities with a filling and stop decay before it can get to the vulnerable pulp inside your tooth.
- Gum Disease Treatment – Sore and bleeding gums are common symptoms of gum disease. If not treated, it can result in tooth loss. We use a deep cleaning treatment to reverse the effects of early-stage gum disease. We can also use a gum graft to restore gums that have receded.
- Dental Crowns – Since a crown covers your entire tooth, it can mend cracked, severely decayed, or broken teeth.
- Root Canals – Severe dental pain often indicates an infection inside your tooth. A root canal procedure relieves your pain by removing infected pulp.
- Tooth Removal – If a tooth can’t be saved, our dentists will comfortably remove it.
Call Dossett Dental ASAP at 214-740-6082 for assistance with dental emergencies in Frisco. For non-emergency appointments, you can also .
Avoid Emergencies With Preventive Dental Care
Some emergency situations can’t be avoided, of course. Still, you can lessen your chances of suffering a dental emergency by taking good care of your teeth and gums. To keep teeth free of the bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease:
- Brush And Floss – Brush and floss your teeth every day. To avoid damaging enamel, always use a soft-bristled toothbrush. It’s an especially good idea to brush before bed, since your mouth has a lower saliva flow during the night (saliva helps clear your mouth of bacteria).
- Make Good Dietary Choices – Sugary and acidic foods and beverages, especially when consumed together, create an environment highly favorable to bacteria. Limit your intake of these substances. If possible, rinse your mouth with water after consuming them.
- Get Regular Exams And Cleanings – Exams give your dentists a chance to spot small issues so they can easily treat them before they turn into harder-to-solve problems. Placing a tooth filling can prevent an infection that could lead to a root canal, for example. Plus, we’ll remove bacteria from the tough-to-clean spots of your mouth.
In addition, you should:
- Treat Your Teeth With Care – While tooth enamel is really tough, it can be damaged by hard substances. Don’t chew on ice, popcorn kernels, or even fingernails. Do not use your teeth as a tool to remove tags or open packaging.
- Wear A Sports Mouthguard – If you play a sport, let us fit you for a custom mouthguard. It will protect your teeth from the damage that can result if you fall or if you suffer a blow to the mouth.
- Stop Your Grinding Habit – If you grind your teeth in your sleep, your enamel will become worn and more susceptible to problems like cavities and infection. You can even crack or break teeth! A custom mouthguard will prevent you from grinding so you won’t damage your teeth. Plus, it will relieve the jaw pain that is often caused by grinding and clenching.