Your third molars (wisdom teeth) come in a decade or more after the rest of your adult teeth. Because of this, there may not be enough room for them in your jaw. In addition to crowding, other common problems include impaction (teeth that don’t emerge all the way through your gums). Our dentists will keep a close eye on wisdom teeth during your dental exams. If needed, they can usually handle wisdom teeth removal in Frisco.Relaxed Dental Care Read Transcript
At Dossett Dental we do wisdom teeth removal and we normally do not refer patients out because again, I've said, we do everything in here. And for wisdom teeth, the removal is needed because very often the wisdom teeth cause damage to adjacent teeth and also they can get infected. Again, we do it in here. We can comfortably schedule operations and it can be done under local anesthesia, with no pain absolutely. Or we can just schedule it with an anesthesiologist for a complete sedation.
You’ll experience less anxiety having this procedure performed by your family dentist rather than an unfamiliar oral surgeon. We’ll keep you calm with:
- Three kinds of sedation, so you can choose the one that will work best for you
- Dentists who explain everything that will happen so you know what to expect
- A comfortable office atmosphere that helps you relax
- Patient-friendly technology, including an intraoral camera
If you think you may need to have your wisdom teeth extracted, call us today at 214-740-6082. If you’ve already spoken to another dentist about your wisdom teeth, receive a free second opinion from our team.
Avoid Problems With Early Wisdom Teeth Extraction
Crowding, impaction, and other common issues associated with wisdom teeth can lead to numerous problems. If they cause nearby teeth to move, they may create problems with your bite. If they don’t emerge completely or come in at an awkward angle, they’ll make you more susceptible to gum disease and tooth decay. Plus, they often cause discomfort.
In general, we recommend removing wisdom teeth before the age of 25 because:
- With less established roots, teeth are easier and more comfortable to remove
- Recovery is typically quicker for younger patients
- With more room in the back of your jaw, it’s easier to keep your other teeth clean and in good shape
For wisdom teeth removal in Frisco, call Dossett Dental at 214-740-6082 or .