Despite all the advances in dental technology and techniques, root canal treatment still has a negative reputation. In the hands of a skilled dentist, however, the procedure actually relieves pain; it doesn’t cause it. Patients at Dossett Dental find that root canals in Frisco cause no more discomfort than getting a tooth filled.Comfortable Restorations Read Transcript
When the cavity's too deep and the nerve, that's inside the tooth gets inflamed, that's when it starts hurting. That's a lot of pain sometimes. And that's when we need to do root canal. A lot of people seem a little scared of getting a root canal done because they think it's very painful procedure. And sometimes they just prefer to pull the tooth out instead of saving the root canal. There's absolutely wrong. It's a painless, completely painless procedure. And once we numb you, you're not going to feel the rest and then you'll still have your tooth.
In addition, root canal therapy will:
- Allow you to keep a tooth you would otherwise lose to infection, including a tooth previously treated with root canal therapy that is now failing
- Prepare your diseased tooth to be restored with a dental crown
- Cost less than an extraction and tooth replacement
Choose Root Canal Treatment Instead Of Extraction
If the pulp inside your tooth becomes infected, it can cause a throbbing toothache. Infection happens when bacteria finds a way into your tooth’s interior, often through an untreated cavity or an injury like a crack or break. Your choices for treatment are tooth removal or root canal therapy.
During root canal treatment, your dentist:
- Removes the diseased pulp from your tooth
- Replaces the pulp with an inert material called gutta-percha
- Seals your tooth with a dental crown to protect it from further damage
There are many advantages to keeping your tooth intact. Among them:
- Your recovery will be quicker and more comfortable, with no bleeding
- Your nearby teeth won’t shift out of place, which can cause problems with your bite
- Your jaw won’t lose bone density
- You won’t incur the added expense of a tooth replacement
Relax With Dental Sedation During Your Root Canal Procedure
To keep you comfortable throughout the procedure, we’ll numb your mouth with local anesthesia. If you’d like, you can also receive one of our three forms of dental sedation:
- Laughing Gas – You inhale this light sedative through a small mask. It takes effect quickly and wears off fast too.
- Oral Sedative – Since you’ll be groggy for several hours after taking a sedative, you’ll need to arrange for a ride home.
- IV Sedation – You’ll be in a sleeplike state while receiving IV sedation.
For root canals in Frisco, call Dossett Dental at 214-740-6082 or .