One flawed tooth is bad enough, but a mouth full of them can really get you down. Our team can enhance your smile – and your self-image – with dental veneers in Hurst. Many Hollywood stars use this versatile cosmetic dental treatment to achieve their seemingly perfect smiles.An Effortless Beautiful Smile Read Transcript
A lot of patients come in asking us about dental veneers. And the first thing I wanted to do is differentiate what a veneer is from a crown because a lot of times patients can interchange those and confuse those. So a dental crown, or a cap, is a porcelain restoration that completely covers the tooth front, back, sides, top; all the way around.
A veneer is basically a piece of porcelain that we place on the front of the tooth. This is a great option for patients who just want to cosmetically enhance their teeth, whether it's from staining as a child, a lot of times medications you can take can alter the appearance of your teeth and slowly shade them in color. Sometimes patients have smaller teeth and they'll have gaps between their teeth and they don't want to go through the process of braces or reconstructing their smile through crowns. And what we can do is actually place veneers, and what it'll do is close those spaces. It'll change the color. A lot of times, we can alter the gum line, transition the teeth to a point where the veneers will actually restore, just from a cosmetic standpoint, teeth that are otherwise healthy, great teeth. They just need a little cosmetic lift. So, it's not somebody who broke a tooth to the point where it needs a crown or there's decay. It's usually done in a cosmetic setting where we want to just improve the cosmetics, whether it's widening the teeth, changing the shade, or just making an overall more aesthetic approach.
Veneers offer many advantages. They are:
- Versatile – Teeth veneers can conceal everything from gaps between teeth to deep stains to chips and cracks.
- Beautiful – We use veneers made of materials that look like your natural tooth enamel, so they’ll blend seamlessly into your smile.
- Durable – Strong and stain-resistant veneers can last for many years with proper maintenance.
- Easy To Maintain – Good home oral hygiene and regular exams and cleanings are all that is needed to keep your veneers looking great.
- Minimally Invasive – Unlike crowns, only a tiny amount of tooth enamel will be removed before you receive your veneers. In addition, veneers make your teeth stronger.
Interested in teeth veneers? Call 817-270-9217 today to schedule a consultation with one of our cosmetic dentists. If you’ve seen another dentist about veneers, we’ll be happy to give you a free second opinion!
Receive Teeth Veneers In As Few As Two Visits
You won’t have to wait long for your beautiful new smile! It typically takes only two or three trips to our office to receive veneers. After discussing your smile goals, we will help you select the restorations that will best suit your situation. Then we will:
- Work with you to select the shape, size, and color of your veneers
- Usually remove a bit of enamel from your teeth to prepare them for veneers
- Take digital dental impressions
- Send the impressions and our specifications to a dental lab, where your custom restorations are manufactured
After your veneers arrive, we’ll make sure they look and feel great before affixing them to your teeth.
For dental veneers in Hurst, call 817-270-9217 or .