At Dossett Dental, our team understands how difficult everyday life can be when you’re living without your teeth. Those of us who have all our teeth take for granted the small things you can’t do if you’re missing teeth – like eating corn on the cob or other healthy, hearty foods. Dossett Dental can change all that for you. We offer dentures in Hurst that make it possible to:Restore Your Smile Read Transcript
Dentures can be used to restore a patient's appearance, as well as restore function when someone has lost their teeth or lost multiple teeth. A lot of times, people get used to chewing with just a few teeth. Usually, the front ones are the ones that remain. Those front teeth are not meant for grinding and chewing your food. So the quality of the food you eat decreases with the more teeth you've lost. As you lose more and more teeth, extra stress is placed on the remaining teeth, which causes them to wear down faster.
By doing a partial or a denture, what that does is it restores not only the function by replacing the missing teeth, but it takes the stress off if you do have any teeth remaining, just chewing on those teeth. If you have no teeth remaining, it gives you back that ability to chew foods that before, you may have just been on a softer diet. Now, you're going to be able to eat more broad spectrum foods that you may have had to give up. So not only will it restore your smile, it will also restore the function of chewing and eating foods that you may have had to give up in the past.
- Eat and enjoy all your favorite foods again
- Speak more clearly so others can understand you
- Improve your oral and overall health
- Look younger and more attractive
- Feel better about yourself overall
Get your smile back using our custom dentures. Call Dossett Dental today at 817-270-9217. We’re located near the intersection of West Harwood Road and Cimarron Trail.
Explore All Your Dentures Options
Perhaps you’ve never given modern dentures a try. If you haven’t, then you owe it to yourself to do so. Your new dentures will outperform the old “false teeth” you might remember your grandparents wearing when you were a child.
Today’s artificial teeth look more lifelike than ever, thanks to advances in materials and manufacturing methods. The base for dentures is usually made of acrylic laid over a metal framework, while the teeth are often made of porcelain or composite. Regardless, you’ll have a long-lasting set of teeth that will fit comfortably and give you solid performance.
There are several types of dentures you can choose from at Dossett Dental:
- Conventional Full Dentures – If you’re missing an entire arch of teeth, then this type of denture will be your best choice. You can get back a full row of upper teeth, lower teeth, or both. They can be removed easily for cleaning and care at night.
- Conventional Partial Dentures – This style of denture is commonly used when some healthy teeth remain. It will clasp into place to your other teeth yet can be removed easily for cleaning.
- Implant-Retained Dentures – For a great-fitting and stable denture, we can secure your new teeth to a set of dental implants with a snap-and-ball system. You can feel confident they’ll stay in place without slipping or popping out at an inopportune time.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – These are our most comfortable kind of denture. They attach to dental implants with a sturdy metal bar that transfers biting and chewing forces to your jawbone rather than your gums.
- Temporary Dentures – If you’re waiting on your final restorations to be made, a set of temporaries will give you teeth to use in the meantime. Never be without your teeth again.
No matter what type of dentures you choose, the pro team at Dossett Dental will make sure you’re completely satisfied with them. Call us today at 817-270-9217 for dentures in Hurst. You can also make an appointment .