With our many options for restorative treatment, our dentists are often able to save even severely damaged teeth. Yet sometimes tooth removal in McKinney is the best solution to your dental problem. When it is, our team can likely handle your extraction. We can even extract most wisdom teeth!Anxiety Free Experiences Read Transcript
When you need a tooth removed, obviously, we're going to make you comfortable during the extraction procedure. But we also have options of giving you some antibiotics to get that environment controlled so you're in an environment where things don't hurt when you're getting the procedure done. And then once we have the tooth extracted we have options to get the implant in same day, sometimes, if that's possible. So that's something we have to look at, but that's possible in a lot of situations. Or we can let you heal and tailor that treatment where we can come in later, maybe four months down the line and put an implant in so it has the best optimal environment for success.
We’ll ensure your tooth extraction will go well from start to finish with:
- A team who answers your questions and addresses your concerns so you know what to expect from your procedure
- Advanced technology that helps us plan and perform your treatment
- Dentists who have experience performing many oral surgery procedures
- Effective local anesthesia to keep your mouth numb
- A choice of soothing sedation to keep you calm
Don’t Wait Too Long For Tooth Replacement
After your immediate recovery, you may not want to start thinking about additional dental treatment. However, it’s a good idea not to wait too long to see us about replacing your tooth. The bone in your jaw begins to deteriorate soon after extraction because there is no longer a tooth root to provide the stimulation that keeps your jaw strong. A missing tooth can also cause nearby teeth to shift out of place.
The options for replacing a single tooth are:
- Dental Implant With A Dental Crown – Unlike other teeth replacements, a dental implant keeps your jawbone intact because the implant provides stimulation when you chew. It also provides a feel and function that is the most similar to a natural tooth.
- Dental Bridge – If an implant isn’t for you, you can choose a bridge. Attached to the teeth on either side of your extraction site, it “bridges” the gap in your smile.
We also offer solutions for multiple missing teeth: an implant-supported bridge, a traditional bridge, dental implant dentures, and conventional dentures.
For tooth removal in McKinney, call Dossett Dental at 972-787-1869 or .