- We examine you with electronic cavity detectors
- Tooth-colored fillings blend easily into your smile
- Avoid the need for a more invasive procedure
Like an oil leak in your car, you’ll want to fix a cavity as soon as possible. If you don’t, you risk causing larger and more costly problems. If decay gets inside your tooth, it will cause a painful infection. With an infection, you’ll need a root canal or you’ll lose your tooth. At Dossett Dental, we emphasize proactive treatment of cavities with tooth fillings in McKinney.Repair Teeth With Matching Materials Read Transcript
Repair Teeth With Matching Materials
I look at tooth fillings as the gateway to prevention of decay. We're going to restore those teeth with some fillings and not let the cavity get bigger. And then we control that way. It's a one visit deal. You come in, we find the cavities. We're going to restore them and be done with them. That way we can move on to the bigger issues that we really need to focus on. So they're really a gateway and a good tool for us to make patients comfortable in the beginning. Fillings aren't meant to fix big problems. So you want to use them as they're designed to, and make the patients comfortable from the first set of appointments when they're coming in to get treatment.
Dental fillings will:
- Remove decay before it can get inside your tooth
- Prevent a painful infection
- Keep you from needing a more invasive treatment like a crown
- Restore full oral function, including the ability to eat without pain or sensitivity
Our dentists use electronic cavity detectors during dental exams so they can find cavities when they are small and simple to treat with a filling. Call us today at 972-787-1869 to schedule your next exam. If you’re a new patient, your exam and X-rays will be free – just ask about it when you call.
Metal-Free Fillings Look Natural In Your Smile
Dental fillings made of amalgam (a blend of metals) show as silver spots in your smile. They darken over time, becoming even more prominent. Our composite resin fillings are the same color as the rest of your teeth, so they will blend seamlessly into your smile.
Our metal-free fillings are also easier on your smile since our dentists won’t need to remove as much of your tooth structure as they would for amalgam fillings. Unlike metal fillings, composite fillings don’t contain mercury. While the FDA and the American Dental Association consider the use of mercury in dental restorations to be safe, some research has linked it to health concerns. With composite fillings, you won’t have to worry about mercury!
You’ll Find Options For More Extensive Decay Too
More extensive decay may require a larger dental restoration. You may need:
- Dental Crowns – A crown can repair cavities of any size as well as cracked and broken teeth.
- Inlays Or Onlays – We may recommend these restorations, sometimes called partial crowns, for cavities that are too deep for fillings but not big enough for crowns.
For tooth fillings in McKinney, call Dossett Dental at 972-787-1869 or .