You’re acutely aware of the immediate impacts of missing teeth. In addition to feeling self-conscious about your smile, you’re not able to eat many foods and may even struggle to speak so you are easily understood. Long term, you will lose bone density in your jaw, which can make you look older before your time. With dental implants in Plano, though, your jaw will stay strong. That’s because implants stimulate your jaw in a way similar to tooth roots.
In addition to keeping your bone intact, implants will:
- Keep your teeth securely in place, so you don’t have to worry about embarrassing slippage
- Give you chewing power nearly equal to what you had before, so you can enjoy all of your favorite foods
- Replace any number of teeth, from a single tooth to every tooth in your mouth
- Provide many different options for replacement teeth, including bridges and dentures
- Feel so comfortable you’ll likely forget you even have implants
- Last for many decades with proper care
To schedule a consultation with one of our implant dentists, call us today at 972-787-0892. Second opinions are free.
Teeth Implants Fuse With Your Jaw To Stay Secure
Teeth implants are fundamentally different from other kinds of tooth replacements. They actually become a part of your jaw in a process called osseointegration, after one of our dentists places them in your jaw. Once healed, they function much like natural tooth roots. Unlike some dental practices, which will send you to an oral surgeon for implant placement, our team performs your entire procedure.
Depending on which kinds of dental implants you receive, your dental implant treatment will go like this:
- We’ll assess your jaw’s readiness for implants using advanced technology like digital X-rays.
- If needed, we may recommend an oral surgery procedure like a bone graft to strengthen your jaw.
- When your jaw is ready, you’ll return to our office, where our implant dentist will carefully insert implants into your jaw in a minor surgical procedure.
- Once the implants have healed, you’ll again come to our office so we can attach your chosen dental restorations to the implants.
Many patients require no more than local anesthesia for their dental implants procedure. However, you can also receive dental sedation if you’d like. We offer three kinds: laughing gas, oral sedation, and IV sedation.
Find The Right Implants For Your Smile
Thanks to the expertise of our implant dentists, we offer many different procedures:
- Implant Crowns – To replace a single tooth, we can attach one dental crown to one implant.
- Implant-Supported Bridges – It’s possible to replace several teeth by anchoring a dental bridge to implants.
- Implant-Secured Dentures – You can choose from several kinds of dental implant dentures, all of which stay in place better than conventional dentures.
- All-on-4® Or All-on-6 – It may be possible to receive your implants and replacement teeth in just one appointment with a procedure that uses just a few implants to support complete arches of fixed teeth.
- Mini Dental Implants – Smaller than standard implants, these are especially useful for stabilizing dentures.
For dental implants in Plano, call 972-787-0892 or use our to schedule online.