While any teeth can cause oral health issues, they are especially likely to occur with third molars (wisdom teeth). Since they often don’t emerge until the late teens, your jaw may not be big enough to fully accommodate them. Your teeth could shift out of place and create problems with your bite. Our dentists keep a close eye on wisdom teeth during dental exams, especially with teens and young adults. If an extraction is needed, they can typically perform wisdom teeth removal in Plano.
You’ll feel more relaxed when your family dentist performs this procedure instead of an unfamiliar oral surgeon. Our team makes it easy with:
- A choice of sedation to ensure a pain-free procedure and keep you calm and collected
- Comfort-enhancing technology, including an intraoral camera
- A full explanation of what will happen from our team so you know exactly what to expect
- A comfortable atmosphere that helps you relax
If you think you could need a wisdom teeth extraction, call us today at 972-787-0892. If you’ve already spoken to another dentist, ask our team for a free second opinion.
Trust Our Team To Determine If You Need Wisdom Teeth Extraction
Of course, wisdom teeth won’t always cause discomfort or problems. However, we may recommend removal if we see these common issues:
- Mouth too crowded to comfortably accommodate your wisdom teeth
- Impacted teeth that only partially emerge from the gums, since they make it difficult to clean teeth and leave you more prone to cavities and gum disease
- Teeth that emerge at an awkward angle, which can move other teeth out of place and also make it tough to care for teeth
We suggest removing wisdom teeth before the age of 25 because:
- Your teeth will be easier and more comfortable to remove since they have less established roots
- Younger patients often experience a shorter and more comfortable recovery
- With more room in the back of your jaw, it will be easier for you to keep your teeth clean and avoid bacteria and disease