- Keep your tooth to avoid oral health problems
- Remain relaxed with safe dental sedation
- Call for a same-day emergency appointment
Root canal treatment can mean the difference between keeping a tooth and losing a tooth. In general, an intact tooth is better for your oral health. If you have an infected tooth or need a tooth retreated after a previous root canal failed, our dentists will advise you on the best way to handle it. If necessary, they can perform root canals in Plano.
Advantages of root canal therapy include:
- Restoring comfortable oral function, including biting and chewing
- Relieving pain caused by infection
- Preventing the loss of your tooth
- Stopping infection from spreading and causing more serious problems
- Strengthening your tooth and protecting it from further damage with a dental crown
We’ll Save Your Tooth For A Healthier Mouth
If bacteria gets inside your tooth, the pulp inside becomes infected. This causes pain and can create serious problems if the infection spreads to your jaw and other areas of your body. You’ll need to either extract your tooth or have a root canal procedure. If you choose a root canal:
- Your recovery will be quicker and more comfortable, without bleeding
- Your other teeth will stay in place, which helps avoid problems with bite alignment
- Your tooth root will stay intact, stimulating your jaw so the bone won’t shrink
- You’ll avoid the need for a tooth replacement
Choose Sedation For A Pain-Free Root Canal Procedure
Root canal therapy doesn’t deserve its painful reputation. The procedure relieves pain, it doesn’t cause it! We’ll numb your mouth with local anesthesia so you won’t feel anything. However, if you’re nervous or worried about remaining relaxed during your treatment, you can also receive dental sedation. We offer three choices:
- Laughing Gas – It takes effect quickly when breathed in through a mask. It also wears off fast and won’t leave you feeling groggy.
- Oral Sedative – With a safe prescription pill you can take beforehand, you’ll arrive already relaxed and stay that way throughout your root canal.
- IV Sedation – With our heaviest form of sedation, you will be largely unaware of your surroundings and won’t remember much about the procedure when it’s over.
For root canals in Plano, call Dossett Dental at 972-787-0892 or .