Early detection is the key to treating cavities, which is why our team uses electronic cavity detectors during dental exams. This technology identifies decay even before it can be seen by the naked eye. If we find cavities, we can repair them with tooth fillings in Plano.
With a dental filling:
- Decay won’t get inside your tooth where it will cause a painful infection
- Your tooth will stay beautiful
- You won’t need a bigger and more expensive restoration like a dental crown
- You’ll be able to enjoy comfortable chewing and other normal oral function
Composite Fillings Keep Metal Out Of Your Smile
If you get an amalgam filling, which is made of a blend of metals, you’ll have a silver spot in your smile. Over time, your filling will darken and become even more noticeable. To keep distracting dark spots out of your smile, you can receive fillings made of composite. Since they’re made out of a material that we can match to the color of your other teeth, no one will notice your filling.
Tooth-colored fillings not only look more attractive. They also:
- Keep More Of Your Tooth Intact – We’ll remove less tooth structure to place a composite filling.
- Don’t Contain Mercury – While the FDA and the American Dental Association consider the use of mercury in fillings to be safe, some research has raised health concerns. Since non-metal fillings contain no mercury, it’s a moot point.
We Offer Other Dental Restorations Too
You can get a different dental restoration if you have a larger cavity or need to repair damage such as a cracked tooth. We also offer:
- Dental Crowns – Crowns can repair nearly any kind of damage, including severe decay, cracks, and breaks.
- Inlays And Onlays – These restorations cover more of your tooth’s surface than a filling but less than a crown.