An occasional jaw ache isn’t uncommon. If you have chronic jaw pain, though, it’s possible you could have a TMJ disorder. This happens when your temporomandibular joints (TMJ), which attach your jaw to the rest of your skull, become inflamed and irritated. This affects common activities like eating, yawning, and speaking. With TMJ treatment in Plano, we can relieve your discomfort so you regain normal jaw function.
A custom mouthguard can help you by:
- Keeping you from grinding your teeth, a damaging habit found in many who suffer from TMJ pain
- Preventing pain from spreading to areas like your neck and shoulders
- Allowing you to rest comfortably all night and wake without jaw pain
- Lessening or totally eliminating TMJ symptoms like headaches and earaches
Don’t suffer with TMJ pain! Call 972-787-0892 today for a consultation.
Stop A Grinding Habit With A Custom Mouthguard
If you wake up daily with a sore jaw, you’re probably grinding your teeth and/or clenching your jaw during sleep. This puts so much pressure on your jaw that it can cause TMJ strain. We can treat TMJ troubles with a custom mouthguard. It:
- Gently moves your jaw into a position that stops grinding and clenching
- Prevents damage to tooth enamel that can result in a need for restorative dental care
- Eases tension and pressure on your jaw so it has a chance to heal
- Fits as if it was made for you – because it is, using digital impressions
Avoid Problematic Behaviors To Ease TMJ Pain
While clenching and grinding are often associated with TMJ pain, they aren’t the only problematic behaviors. While your jaw heals, you should also avoid:
- Chewing ice or other hard substances such as fingernails
- Gum chewing
- Singing or other activities that require you to open your jaws wide
For TMJ treatment in Plano, call 972-787-0892 or your visit online.