Your third molars (wisdom teeth) are the last of your adult teeth to come in, usually emerging in your late teens. With this late arrival, they may crowd your other teeth. This can cause problems with your bite and other oral health issues. When examining teens and young adults, our dentists will keep a close eye on wisdom teeth. If extraction is needed to prevent problems, we can typically perform wisdom teeth removal in Hurst.Relaxed Dental Care Read Transcript
A lot of times patients come to us asking about their wisdom teeth. Wisdom teeth are your last set of molars in the very back of your mouth. Typically, we recommend removing these at a younger age, usually between the age of 17 and 21. A lot of times patients don't have the space in their mouth and so the teeth are trapped underneath the gum up in the bone. As they try to naturally erupt, as they're supposed to do, it can cause a lot of pain and pressure and swelling, or causing the patient to come see us because of that pain.
In that situation typically recommend sedating the patient so that they feel no discomfort. They don't hear anything, feel anything, and we're able to safely and effectively go in and remove those teeth. Here at Dossett Dental, we actually have doctors who can come into the office, do IV sedation, have you go to sleep and remove those teeth quickly and saves you from having to go outside to find a specialist or another doctor to be able to remove this.
You’ll feel more comfortable having this procedure performed by your family dentist instead of an unfamiliar oral surgeon. It’s easy to remain calm with:
- Effective local anesthesia and a choice of sedation to keep you pain-free and relaxed throughout your treatment
- Dentists who explain everything and answer your questions so there won’t be any unexpected surprises
- Comfortable surroundings that help you relax
- Patient-friendly technology, including an intraoral camera, to improve your care
If you think you may need to have your wisdom teeth extracted, call us today at 817-270-9217. If you’ve already spoken to another dentist about your wisdom teeth, receive a free second opinion from our team.
We’ll Determine Whether You Need Wisdom Teeth Extraction
In some cases, wisdom teeth won’t cause any discomfort or problems. For many others, however, possible issues include:
- Crowding, which can cause nearby teeth to move out of position
- Impacted teeth that don’t emerge completely from the gums, making it difficult to keep teeth clean and leaving you more susceptible to gum disease and cavities
- Teeth that emerge at an awkward angle, which also makes it difficult to properly care for teeth
If possible, it’s best to remove wisdom teeth before the age of 25 because:
- Teeth have less established roots, so they are easier and more comfortable to remove
- Younger patients typically experience a faster recovery
- You’ll find it easier to keep your other teeth clean and healthy since you’ll have more room in the back of your jaw
For wisdom teeth removal in Hurst, call Dossett Dental at 817-270-9217 or .