Many people approach a root canal treatment with dread – yet they really shouldn’t. Dossett Dental patients find that root canals in Hurst are no more uncomfortable than getting a tooth filled. Our team uses local anesthesia and offers a choice of three kinds of sedation, so you won’t feel a thing during your procedure.Get Out of Pain Today Read Transcript
Root canals are one of those procedures in dentistry that have had a bad rap for years. Root canals really are very comfortable after the patient is numb and the root canal procedure is performed many patients are very grateful that they no longer have that throbbing toothache that keeps them up at night.
Our root canal therapy will:
- Relieve the pain of an infected tooth
- Save a tooth that would otherwise be lost to infection
- Restore a tooth after a previous root canal treatment failed
- Protect your tooth from further damage when we restore it with a dental crown
- Eliminate the need for an extraction and tooth replacement
Remain Comfortable With Sedation During Your Root Canal Procedure
Infection happens when bacteria gets inside your tooth where the pulp is located, typically through an untreated cavity or an injury like a cracked tooth. This results in pain and can lead to serious health issues if the infection spreads. Your choices are a tooth extraction or a root canal procedure.
During root canal treatment, your dentist:
- Cleans out the diseased pulp, removing it from the “canals” in your tooth’s interior
- Replaces the pulp with a material called gutta-percha
- Caps your tooth with a crown to seal it shut
We’ll numb your mouth with local anesthesia prior to your procedure. If you’re nervous or worried about discomfort, you can also receive one of our three forms of dental sedation: laughing gas, an oral sedative, or IV sedation. We’ll help you select the method that will work best for your situation.
There Are Many Reasons To Choose A Root Canal Vs. Extraction
There are many advantages to choosing a root canal instead of an extraction:
- You’ll enjoy a quicker and more comfortable recovery, with no bleeding.
- Your other teeth won’t shift out of place, which can cause dental problems.
- Your jaw won’t shrink from lost bone mass.
- You won’t need to worry about getting a tooth replacement.
For root canals in Hurst, call Dossett Dental at 817-270-9217 or .