- We use advanced cavity detection technology
- Non-metal fillings blend in easily with your smile
- Avoid the need for a more costly restoration
Cavities are a common dental problem. They’re potentially serious too. Left unrepaired, they can cause a bad infection that can lead to losing a tooth. We use electronic cavity detectors during dental exams, so we can find tooth decay in its earliest stages and repair it with tooth fillings in Hurst.
We use dental fillings to:
- Keep your tooth healthy by eliminating decay
- Prevent decay from getting inside your tooth and causing infection
- Restore comfortable oral function, including biting and chewing
- Avoid the added cost of a larger restoration like a crown
Composite Fillings Look Natural In Your Smile
If you’ve had an amalgam (metal) filling, you know they can be easily seen in your smile. Initially a silver color, they darken and become even more noticeable over time. Instead of metal fillings, we use restorations made of composite resin. We match them to the color of your other teeth, so they aren’t visible in your smile.
In addition to their natural look, non-metal fillings:
- Won’t require our dentists to remove as much of your tooth structure
- Do not contain mercury, which some studies have linked to adverse health effects
You’ll Find Other Options For Larger Cavities Too
Some cavities may require a larger dental restoration. Depending on the amount of damage to your tooth, we may recommend:
- Dental Crowns – Because they cover your entire tooth, crowns can mend the most serious dental damage. They repair not only cavities but also cracks and breaks.
- Inlays – These restorations are placed on the top of your tooth, covering more surface than a filling but less than a crown.
- Onlays – Onlays are slightly larger than inlays, covering one or more of the cusps on your tooth and possibly extending onto the sides.
For tooth fillings in Hurst, call Dossett Dental at 817-270-9217 or .