- Electronic cavity detectors find early-stage decay
- Tooth-colored fillings look natural in your smile
- Avoid the need for a crown or root canal
Like a weed in your yard, a cavity can quickly go from being nearly unnoticeable to causing some pretty big problems. Left untreated, decay can get inside your tooth and cause a painful infection. That’s why it’s important to see us for regular dental exams, where we can find cavities in their earliest stages and repair them with tooth fillings in Frisco.Repair Teeth With Matching Materials Read Transcript
Repair Teeth With Matching Materials
Fillings are one of the basic procedures in dentistry. When we diagnose a cavity, if it's not too big, too deep, we can fill it with composite, which is basically tooth colored plastic. It's lacquered. We can match the shade. We have a wide selection of different colors, so they just look like natural teeth and that's probably the fastest, the easiest way to save teeth.
A dental filling will:
- Eliminate decay to preserve the health of your tooth
- Stop damage and prevent infection
- Avoid the need for a larger and more costly restoration like a crown
- Restore comfortable chewing and other oral function
Dental Fillings Don’t Have To Stand Out In Your Smile
You’ve probably noticed how silver-colored fillings made of amalgam (a blend of metals) stand out in your smile. Worse, they darken and become even more prominent over time. To avoid dark spots in your smile, you can receive fillings made of composite resin. We’ll closely match the color of this durable material to your tooth so your filling isn’t noticeable at all.
In addition to superior aesthetics, our composite fillings:
- Are Easier on Your Tooth – Our dentists don’t need to remove as much of your tooth structure to place a composite filling.
- Don’t Contain Mercury – Metal fillings contain mercury. While the FDA and the American Dental Association consider the use of mercury in fillings to be safe, some research has linked it to adverse health effects. With composite fillings, there’s no need to ever worry about mercury!
You’ll Find Other Options For Larger Cavities Too
Larger cavities may require a more extensive dental restoration. In addition to fillings, we offer:
- Dental Crowns – We’ll use a crown, which covers your entire tooth, to fix the most serious dental damage. In addition to extreme decay, crowns can mend cracks and breaks.
- Inlays – Often called partial crowns, inlays cover the top surface of your tooth.
- Onlays – Onlays are similar to inlays but slightly larger, covering one or more of your tooth’s cusps.
For tooth fillings in Frisco, call Dossett Dental at 214-740-6082 or .