- Avoid the hassles of tooth extraction & replacement
- Enjoy comfortable treatment with dental sedation
- Get out of pain fast with emergency care
If you have an infected tooth, your two choices for treatment are a root canal or an extraction. While our dentists can perform either procedure, there are many good reasons for keeping your tooth.Comfortable Restorations Read Transcript
We try to make patients comfortable all the time, whether it's a root canal or a filling, it's the same injection. It gets everything numb the same way. There isn't any special technique that we use to get you comfortable for root canals. So don't be afraid whether you're getting extraction, filling, root canal it's going to be the same painless injection you're going to get. Once you're comfortable we go in and we use state-of-the-art rotary electric equipment and clean out the tooth that way it's disease-free. We can do our work of rebuilding that tooth and have your options of saving a tooth that otherwise might need to be extracted.
With root canals in McKinney, our team can:
- Stop pain and prevent the loss of your tooth
- Keep infection from spreading and causing even more serious damage
- Preserve a tooth that was previously treated with a root canal that failed
- Restore comfortable oral function
- Strengthen your tooth so it’s more resistant to damage
Keep Your Tooth Intact For Your Oral Health
Dental restorations like fillings and crowns can repair cavities on the exterior of your tooth. When decay gets inside your tooth, though, it infects the pulp. This typically causes a painful toothache and can create potentially serious health problems if the infection spreads elsewhere. Without a root canal, we’ll need to extract your tooth. There are good reasons for choosing root canal treatment:
- You’ll feel like yourself again more quickly, following a shorter and more comfortable recovery.
- Nearby teeth will stay in place, so your bite alignment won’t be affected.
- With an intact tooth root, your jaw will receive the stimulation it needs to avoid bone loss.
- You’ll avoid the expense of replacing your tooth.
Remain Relaxed & Pain-Free With Dental Sedation
You may be fearful of root canal therapy, but you don’t need to be. Most patients find it no more uncomfortable than receiving a filling, although the procedure takes longer. We’ll use local anesthesia to numb your mouth, and you can receive dental sedation to keep you relaxed throughout your treatment. You can choose from three kinds:
- Inhaled Sedation – You breathe in laughing gas through a small mask. Unlike other forms of sedation, you won’t feel groggy after receiving it.
- Oral Sedation – We can provide you with a safe prescription pill to take at home, so you’ll feel relaxed even before your appointment begins.
- IV Sedation – Once we administer IV sedation, you’ll remain largely unaware of your surroundings. You’ll stay in a dreamlike state throughout your procedure.
For root canals in McKinney, call Dossett Dental at 972-787-1869 or .